As a part of the requirement for graduation, all students must complete a minimum of 40 hours of community involvement during secondary school in order to obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). This diploma requirement is designed to:
- encourage civic responsibility,
- promote community values,
- support students’ career explorations,
- develop student interests and skills, and
- reinforce the importance of volunteering
How to Record Community Hours
- Students can record their community involvement hours by using the form below:
Record of Community Involvement Hours form.
- Any student wishing to use paid employment for community involvement hours can only use 10 hours of paid employment and must log those hours using the Record of Community Involvement Hours Form found above.
Submitting Completed Hours:
- Once completed, scan and upload the documents to our Community Hours dropbox which can be accessed using the following link:
- Community Hours Drop Box
- If you are unable to scan and email the documents you can drop them off to the Student Services Secretary, Ms. Georgakopoulos
Community Involvement Hour Opportunities
Opportunities at MacNab:
Please access the link below to see the current volunteer opportunities available at MacNab.
Opportunities in Hamilton:
HWDSB has partnered with Kambeo (formerly Gigit Marketplace) to bring volunteer opportunities from the Hamilton community online. Students, remember to have a discussion with your parent(s)/guardian(s) about using Kambeo, which is optional.
Learn more about Kambeo.