Welcome to our Student Information Page.
You will see on the left hand side a student menu that we will be using to share all Dalewood Middle School information needed for students. For example, you will see:
- See our Athletics Homepage for all our sports. Some of the schedules for volleyball, basketball and 3-Pitch have been posted.
- Information Technology Team > see Ms. Coburn for details in Room 140
- Let’s Talk Science (The event at McMaster takes place in May 2017.) > Every morning in Ms. Coburn’s class (Room 8) starting at 7:45 am in Jan. 2015
- Band and Jazz Band > See Mr. Wheeldon for details or our Music tab on this website
- Yearbook Committee > See Mr. Martindale
- Friday Morning Basketball > See Mr. Adams
- Art Club > See Mr. Elston for details
- Science Fair > See Ms. Diacon for details
- Enrichment and Innovation Centre > See Mr. Mayner for details in the Learning Resource Centre
- Mathstronauts: see Ms. Diacon
Here are some Tips for Adjusting to a New School or Class
Whether you’re changing schools because your family has moved to a new city or because you’re making the transition from middle to high school, the change can be difficult at first. Here are some tips that will help make starting a new school exciting and fun, not stressful and scary.
- Focus on your favorite subjects and activities. When making friends gets hard, it’s always nice to focus on the other reason you’re at school – to learn. Chances are that while you’re doing the things you love, you’ll make friends with others who share your interests.
- Get involved. There’s no better way to meet your new best friends and have lots of fun than to try out for our school’s various activities (see our School Brochure for ideas).
- Express your opinions. Most of your new classmates will be curious about you and will want to get to know you. Don’t be afraid to express your opinions. Let them know about your favorite movies, books or video games. Speak up in class and be as confident as you can be.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Adjusting to a new school and making new friends are hard things to do, so don’t beat yourself up about it. Know that you’re awesome no matter what anyone else says
- Be open. You’re probably missing your friends from your old school, but make sure to give your new classmates a chance. Get to know people by inviting them to do things after school. Be a good listener and try your best to remember people’s names. Smile, laugh and have fun! You’ll be making friends in no time.