Welcome to our Student Information Page.
You will see on the left hand side a student menu that we will be using to share all Dalewood Elementary School information needed for students. For example, you will see:
Here are some Tips for Adjusting to a New School or Class
Whether you’re changing schools because your family has moved to a new city or because you’re making the transition from elementary to high school, the change can be difficult at first. Here are some tips that will help make starting a new school exciting and fun, not stressful and scary.
- Focus on your favorite subjects and activities. Chances are that while you’re doing the things you love, you’ll make friends with others who share your interests.
- Get involved. There’s no better way to meet friends and have lots of fun than to try out for our school’s various activities (see our school activities above). If you want to start a club then reach out to a staff member to guide you and support the team/club.
- Express your opinions. Most of your new classmates will be curious about you and will want to get to know you. Don’t be afraid to express your opinions. Let them know about your favourite movies, books or video games.
- Give yourself time to adjust. Adjusting to a new school and making new friends can be challenging. Be patient with yourself and ask for help from staff. We are here to support you.
- Be open. You’re probably missing your friends from your old school, but make sure to give your new classmates a chance. Be a good listener and try your best to remember people’s names. You’ll be making friends in no time.