Please note that all students participating in school physical activities must fill out the concussion form to tryout and participate. Forms on the HWDSB website or from your PE teacher or coach. Concussion Forms
A Parents Guide to Physical Education https://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/elementary/HPEguideRev.pdf
Scan to review the PE and Health Curriculum!
Daily Physical Activity: All students will be participating in Daily Physical Activity, as required by the Ministry of Education. The Physical Education Department has worked very hard to prepare this program for Dalewood. Thank you to Mr. DiFelice, Ms. Coburn and our Dalewood Staff for all your hard work and dedication to promoting healthy living.
- Printed T-shirt $14
- Dalewood Shorts $18
- Whole Package Deal $30
Please note that students will require green shorts to play on a school team. Cross country, orienteering and track and field team members will also require a Dalewood T-shirt.
- All units are in line with the curriculum expectations as well as the True Sport Principles. We want all students to participate to the best of their ability and to enjoy being active. We also are encouraging that students have an inside pair of running shoes and an outside pair.
- Our students will be involved in outdoor activities involving team building and striking skills.
Healthy Eating (November 2018)
- Nutrition Facts: People should compare the Nutrition Facts table on similar products and choose the one that a lower number for the % Daily Value of sodium.
- Food and Nutrition Website
Health Safety (November 2018)
Growth and Development (Spring 2019)
Drug and Substance Abuse (Jan. 2018\19)
Please encourage your child/children to visit Stupid.ca for facts about Substance Abuse in Canada and around the world.
Please encourage your child/children to visit the following links on Internet/Cyber bullying Safety:
Special Events Update:
Terry Fox and Lauren Packer Run….Date: September 28th. The Run is a non-competitive event where people get together as individuals, families and groups to raise money in Terry’s and Lauren’s name. It is a day of celebrating Terry’s legacy and Lauren incredible passion for hard work and dedication to life, and helping to keep Terry’s dream of a cure for cancer alive.
2018-19 HWDSB Athletics
Schedules are posted at the following website HWDSB Athletics each year.
Schedules >Practices are at lunch from 11:25-45 you will eat your lunch. Please see our announcements page on the first page of this website and also posted on the front foyer TV.
Practices posted on our Dalewood Announcements found at the bottom of the main page. Schedules can be found at https://www.hwdsb.on.ca/athletics/
- Mr. Difelice > Jr Boys
- Ms. Coburn > Sr Boys
- Mrs. Mason-Grant > Jr Girls
- Mr. Difelice > Sr Girls
Volleyball: Practices posted on our Dalewood Announcements found at the bottom of the main page. Schedules can be found at https://www.hwdsb.on.ca/athletics/
- Jr. Boys: Mr. DiFelice
- Sr. Boys: Mr. DiFelice
- Jr. Girls: Mrs. Mason-Grant
- Sr. Girls: Ms. Coburn
Swimming: Date: Division 1 JIMMY THOMPSON POOL
- at Jimmy Thompson Pool on Monday, April 29th starts at 9am
- Coaches are Mr. Martindale and Mrs. Finlayson
Track & Field Meet:
Date: Monday, June 10,2019 Start Time: 10:00 am
Location: Mohawk Sports Park – Mohawk Rd. and Upper Kenilworth behind Bernie Arbor Baseball Stadium
Start is 9 am and Finish is 4 pm
- Mr. Martindale >TBA
- Mrs. McAuslan
- Mrs. McAuslan
- Mrs. McAuslan
- See you next year in the Spring 2019
- Date Wednesday, April 24th 9:30-1:30 > The meet results and split times are available on the DontgetLost.org Adventure Running
web site at: https://dontgetlost.ca/index.php/youth-home/schools-challenge
- Permission Forms are ready please pick up in Room 128 on the table in front of Ms. Coburn’s desk.
- Copy of Orienteering Permission Forms > please hand in last page and pay online