October 10, 2017
Over the past couple of years HWDSB policies around volunteers have changed. All volunteers are now required to have a Vulnerable Sector Screening completed every three years and sign an Offence Declaration annually. If you wish to be a volunteer driver, then additional requirements are necessary. I have listed all the requirements below.
Parents/Guardians who wish to volunteer in the school or for trips must complete the following (the necessary forms are attached; the OD can be signed at the office and the VSS completed at a local police station):
– Volunteer Information Sheet
– Offence Declaration (OD) Form
– Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS)
– School/Volunteer Agreement
– A short interview with the Principal
If you wish to drive a student(s) other than your own child to or from a school-sanctioned event, in addition to the above, you must do the following:
– complete a Volunteer Driver form
– show your licence and proof of insurance to the principal
If you have any questions, please call Mr. Grattan at the school.
Principal, Dalewood School