OP Learning Commons – Vision, Mission, and Values
To support scholarship, intellectual growth and critical inquiry, and to promote a continuing love of learning in a welcoming space where students and teachers choose to gather.
As the learning hub of the school, we will provide resources and services which enrich the student experience and enhance the teaching, learning, and scholarly activity in the Orchard Park Secondary School community.
- actively listen and respond to the needs and expectations of our students and staff
- design and deliver outstanding services noted for their high quality and relevance
- take pride in continuously enhancing our performance
- gain the trust and respect of others through ethical, principled and considered actions
- be truthful and honest
- advocate on behalf of our students for the best possible access to information
- optimize available skills, knowledge and resources for mutual benefit and success
- seek out and embrace opportunities to engage with others to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and outcomes
- create and cultivate a culture of high expectations for learning and achievement
- model a love of life-long learning
- engage students in their pursuit of knowledge and understanding