Grad Brunch – Thursday February 22. All of the information below will be shared and any questions answered.
1. Cap and Gowns: Students can order their cap and gowns online and must do so by May 1st. Details will be announced All grads must wear the same cap and gown to cross the stage and the items are yours to keep after the ceremony. In considering the length of your gown, please aim for it to fall between your ankles and knees; you don’t want it floor length as it’s a tripping hazard.
2. Commencement: The grad ceremony will take place on Wednesday June 27th at 7pm at the Grand Olympia. Invitations will be sent home in early May, along with 2 tickets per grad. Since space is limited, grads can bring two family or friends to join them at the celebration. Also, there will be a slide show at the ceremony; students who wish to submit photos or short video clips for the slide show can email them to Mr. Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject GRAD PICS.
3. Prom: Prom will take place on May 25th at the Grand Olympia. Tickets will be on sale online from May 1 to the 19th.
4. Grad rings will be on sale in February – the dates to be announced.
5. Valedictorian: Nominations will be available in the main office at at date TBA. Students can have a teacher support their nomination and then all grads will vote for their valedictorian. Nominees must be graduating, should represent many aspects of life at OP, and not be returning to OP next year. Students cast their ballot with Mrs. Filice in the main office during a time TBA. The elected Valedictorian will be announced in June and will speak at the commencement ceremony.
6. Other reminders from guidance:
- Make sure that you have your volunteer hours completed. Check the list by the door in guidance to make sure that you have met this requirement. There are opportunities to volunteer posted on the “Volunteer Board”, but also look within your community for a neighbour you can help (reading buddies, offering support to community members in need, coaching, local school, church or library).
- Make sure that all of your elearning and night school marks are received by OP at the end of June.
- A rep from Mohawk College continues to support our students every other Thursday. Please sign up in guidance if you would like an appointment about anything to do with a Mohawk College application.
7. For Information about Graduation Awards click: GRADUATION AWARDS Info for Website