9:00 AM - 3:20 PM
Doug Trimble - 905.689.7905 | Email Doug Trimble
SuperintendentSue Dunlop - 905.527.5092 x 2673 | E-mail Sue Dunlop
TrusteePenny Deathe - 289.339.8455 | E-mail Penny Deathe
Mary Hopkins is a safe and inviting learning environment that promotes responsibility, respect and positive risk taking in pursuit of academic excellence.
As a learning community, we will maximize the potential of every child.
Mary Hopkins is situated in the center of lovely historic Waterdown and is one of the original schoolhouses for the area. Our building has undergone several updates over the years since its original construction in 1920. An addition, new gym and port-a-pak are a few of these updates. Parents are very active members of our school community, helping to foster a real ‘big family’ feeling at Mary Hopkins.
We are a community of learners and welcome students from our local high school, Colleges and Faculties of Education.
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
- Balanced Day schedule – to minimize transitions and enhance student activity levels
- Co-op students
- Student teachers / ECE students
- A “Bucket Filling” School – Character Education embedded in daily activities
- Book Fairs – usually twice annually
- Levelled book room for Primary and Junior
- Tiered Intervention approach
- Daily Physical Activity
- Literacy/Numeracy support through a tiered intervention approach for both remediation and enrichment
- Comprehensive literacy instruction (Modelled, guided, shared, and independent reading, writing and oral communication)
- Write Traits: writing support consistently utilized throughout Primary and Junior divisions
Before/After School Program or Activities
- Movie Nights
- Parent Information Nights
- Waterdown District Children’s Centre Before & After School daycare on site 905-689-5342
- Peekaboo / LEAP – before and after school care
- Brown’s Martial Arts – before and after school care