Kindergarten registration for September 2021 will begin in February 2021.
How to register – Find, Register, Contact:
Note, only parents or legal guardians can register their children for school.
- Find your neighbourhood school in our School Locator tool or call 905-527-5092, ext. 2391.
- Register online to create an account, enter details and add your child to our student information system. If you have questions, please contact your local HWDSB school.
Complete the Student Registration Form_Fillable, Verification of Documentation for School Registration Form and email to email@example.com
- Documents Required to complete your registration:
- Proof of age (child’s birth certificate or passport);
- Proof of address (identification that shows parent/guardian’s current home address);
- Proof of immunization;
- Verification of date of arrival/immigration documents (if the child was not born in Canada).
- If registered using our print method, bring a completed Kindergarten Registration Form, also available at your school.
- Visit the school office to complete your registration, an appointment is not required. Our Office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
What is kindergarten?
Kindergarten is a two-year, full-day program that helps children get the best possible start in school. Your child will be challenged and encouraged to do their very best. Our caring team of educators, including a teacher and an early childhood educator, are with them every step of the way! They are also a great resource for you to talk with.
- Early learning experiences are crucial to the future well-being of children
- Early interactions affect the way connections are made in the brain
- A solid foundation for reading and math must be built
- Children build skills through developmentally appropriate play-based experiences
When is kindergarten registration?
Kindergarten is available for four- and five-year-old students at schools in September. Registration will begin on Monday, February 4th.
Visit Find My School to find your home school.