[Skip to Content]
HWDSB Building

Announcements for February 26th

[Skip to Content]
Textsize
A+ A-

Announcements for February 26th

Student Trustee Voting is Now Open:

If you are in [Grades 7 or 8 OR Grades 9-12] this is a reminder that the Student Trustees voting process has begun. This is your chance to participate in selecting the two students who will provide your student voice on the Board of Trustees for the 2024-2025 school year. Please get your vote in before midnight on Friday February 23, to make your voice heard. Make sure you visit the Board’s website and go to the “Student Trustee Elections” page to get to know the candidates and cast your vote.

Pink Shirt Day

On Wednesday, February 28, 2024, HWDSB students and staff will join in celebrating Pink Shirt Day. “Wearing a pink shirt is one small but powerful way for us to show that we stand together against bullying of all kinds and that it has no place in our schools and communities. This year’s theme is Lift Each Other Up – focusing on having greater acceptance, respect, and inclusion for everyone and supporting those who may have been impacted by bullying. There are many ways we can help and connect with people who have been impacted by bullying. Let’s Lift Each Other Up this Pink Shirt Day and all year round!

The music room is now open during first break for any students who want to practice their instruments.

Junior girls interested in playing basketball met with Ms. Smith today. If you missed the meeting please see her tomorrow for try-out information.

Junior boys had their first basketball try-out after school today. There will another one after school on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please wait outside the gym until 3:15 pm.

Boys and Girls senior basketball players, if you have not done so please return your jersey asap!

There will be open gym on Tuesday for grade 7 students who want to play basketball

Daily dose of kindness – Rediscover your light. Let it shine!

Black History Month – Did you know that Donovan Bailey was a Jamaican Canadian Sprinter who was an Olympic champion and world record holder!

Updated on Monday, February 26, 2024.
Back to the top