8:50 AM - 3:10 PM
Melissa McCormack - 905-385-3267 | Email
SuperintendentLaura Romano - 905.527.5092 x 2622 | E-mail Laura Romano
TrusteeBecky Buck - 905.515.2367 | E-mail Becky Buck
James MacDonald School was built in 1954 and was originally called S.S. #4 Barton School. In 1960 the school was annexed by the City of Hamilton and renamed James MacDonald after mountain alderman, Jim MacDonald. There have been two additions made to the school, one in 1978 and another in 1991.
Currently there are 328 children enrolled at James MacDonald School but it is anticipated that this number will grow in the near future due to all the new housing developments around the Gourley Park area.
Presently the school runs on a balanced day schedule for kindergarten to grade 6.
- Partnership with Gourley Park Community Association
- Umbrella Family and Child Centres of Hamilton – child care
- Community Representative on School Council
- James MacDonald has a very active School Council . Our School Council has 14 parent members, two adult community representative.
- Parents are involved in volunteering in classrooms, helping in the library, food days, fundraising and on School Council. Fundraising is done through parent organized campaigns, pizza and sub lunch days and popcorn days
- Fundraising has supported the establishment of our the purchase of a smart board, 10 iPads for students to use, subsidized trips and supported the payment for our new school sign. This year we are focusing on raising money for more computers and other technology to support student success.