Interested in becoming a STUDENT TRUSTEE?
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board is committed to hearing the voices of students through Student Trustees. Student views are considered in the decisions made by the Board of Trustees. Being a Student Trustee gives students valuable learning opportunities and experiences.
We are holding an information session so that interested students can learn more about this role.
Student Trustee Information Session (Virtual)
Virtual meeting March 18, 2021 from 3 to 4 p.m.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to register by March 11
You will receive an invite to attend this MS Teams event
About the process:
HWDSB is proud to have two elected Student Trustees and one Indigenous Student Trustee,
chosen by their peers. Steps in the process include:
- A Student Trustee Information Session to learn more about this important role.
- Candidates apply between March 19-31.
- Eligible Indigenous Student Trustee candidates attend a CC:ROSE meeting, and are appointed by their peers.
- Eligible Student Trustee candidates record answers to questions, to be posted on the
Student Trustee Elections web page before voting occurs.
- HWDSB students in grades 7-12 vote for candidates from April 26-30. Votes are tallied by school to create each school’s top two choices.
- HWDSB Student Trustees for 2021-22 are announced through a Board report in May 2021.
For more information, contact:
Heather Miller, Officer of Trustee Services
905-527-5092 ext. 2279
NEW THIS YEAR: A third Student Trustee who is Indigenous
Interest Forms Now Available at www.hwdsb.on.ca/studenttrustees
Completed Interest Forms are due on January 22nd, by 4:00 p.m.
View the Poster to learn more.