Role of a School Council
School councils have a legislated role at their schools and are there to ensure the best possible education for students. Our school councils are comprised of democratically elected representatives of our parent community.
- focus on student learning and the best interest of all students,
- provide a forum through which parents and other members of school communities can contribute to improving student achievement and school performance,
- make recommendations to the school principal and the Board on any matter they see impacting accountability and academic excellence and serve as a communication and information channel between the school and community
Get more information on the role of a school council.
Welcome to the Frank Panabaker School Council
As a school council member, you can help your council discover new and exciting ways to contribute to the education of students in your school.
Your participation can make a difference.
All are welcome!
2019-2020 School Council Executive Members
SC Chairs- Mike DeMaria email@example.com Mark MQuecen firstname.lastname@example.org
SC Secretary- Julie Payne
SC Treasurer- Charmaine Underwood-Graham
Teacher Rep – Al Boyan email@example.com, Jodi Milner firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal – Jenny Seto-Vanderlip email@example.com
Vice-Principal – Caitlin Evans firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2019: Meeting Minutes
January 2020: Agenda
Oct. 16/18 Oct 2018 Meeting Minutes
Nov. 19/18 Nov 2018 Meeting Minutes
Jan. 22/19 Jan 2019 Meeting Mintues
Mar. 10/19 March 2019 Meeting Minutes
Apr. 16/19 ASPS Treasurer’s Report Apr’19
- September 20, 2017 September School Council Minutes
- October 18, 2017 October 2017 Agenda
- November 15, 2017
- January 17, 2017 January 2018 Agenda
- January School Council Minutes
- February 21, 2017
- April 18, 2017
- May 16, 2017
Resource: School Council Handbook