Summer Reading at Hamilton Public library + Highlights
Just wanted to know that we’ve launched summer reading early this year to allow children and teens to start participating as they are interested and available. Here is a brief overview:
A few highlights:
- info about Teen Top Novel and Junior Teen Top Novel includes voting date and booklists to extend reading. The authors have been invited to present the week before voting starts.
- The Tic Tac Toe card, downloadable paper reading tracker and do-from-home activities from the TDSRC website are listed under Activities. An online tracker will be posted in June.
- A downloadable review form is available. There will be a webform / an online version going up mid-June to let kids and teens share their own recommendations with each other.
- Discover @ Home activities provide offline learning programs for kids to do at home. Along with book lists, they are available under Extras and Recommendations
- Presentations from external presenters will be posted on Fridays starting in June, and move to Wednesdays and Fridays in July and August. The first presentation is a bucket drumming workshop led by Crash Rhythm.
- This year, we’re inviting kids and teens to share what they have been doing at home with others as part of our at-home experts series. Check out a sample video.
The site will evolve over the summer with new content added.
Updated on Tuesday, June 02, 2020.