Parent Council Welcome Letter 2023-2024
Dear Parents/Guardians, School Council is a great way to learn about initiatives happening at the school, to contribute to initiatives, and offer suggestions to the administration about life at Ancaster Meadow.
Parents/Guardians can nominate themselves to the School Council by using the nomination form provided on the website. Please fill out the form and then scan it and return it via email to the principal at email@example.com or return it to the school main office. Nomination forms should be received at the school no later than Friday, September 29, 2023. We are always looking for new people with new ideas to help make our council a dynamic group that works at enriching the school experience for our students.
The first meeting of our School Council will be held on Wednesday, October 4 at 6:30 p.m. and will be held in the school library. Please ensure that your email address is submitted as part of your self nomination so that you can be included on the group invite to the School Council Meeting.
You will find some important information regarding School Councils below:
• All parents/guardians who have a child enrolled at Ancaster Meadow are welcomed and encouraged to attend School Council meetings and are eligible to be nominated as voting members of Council.
• The Ministry of Education requires all Ontario schools to have School Councils.
• The role of the School Council provides informed advice to the principal and staff while maintaining a school-wide perspective on issues.
• The School Council is to focus on student learning and school improvement and represent the views of the school community.
• If a parent/guardian would like to be a voting member on the School Council, they must be nominated to the role. Submission of a self-nomination form is required. Please use the nomination form provided.
• The chairs’ primary role is to be the group’s facilitator and community contact person for community related issues. The chairs are the recognized representative of Council for parents. The chairs call the meetings and prepare agendas in consultation with the principal. The chairs consult with school board staff and the trustee.
• The Secretary maintains the member contact list, takes attendance and records meeting minutes.
Individuals putting their names forward must be at the meeting on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, if they would like their name to stand. It is imperative to council functioning that those wishing to serve on council are able to commit to monthly meetings. If we have low attendance, we will not be able to conduct council business. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working together to support our students this year.
2023-2024 School Council Elected Positions:
School Council Chair: Colleen Kaus
SCHOOL COUNCIL 2022-2023
- focus on student learning and the best interest of all students
- provide a forum through which parents and other members of school communities can contribute to improving student achievement and school performance
- make recommendations to the school principal and the Board on any matter they see impacting accountability and academic excellence and;
- serve as a communication and information channel between the school and community
Meeting Minutes 2022 – 2023
Meeting Minutes 2021 – 2022
School Council 2020/2021
School Council 2019/2020
Tuesday, September 19, 2019
Tuesday October 22, 2019
Tuesday November 19, 2019
Tuesday January 22, 2020
Tuesday February 11, 2020
Tuesday March 24, 2020
Tuesday April 21, 2020
Tuesday May 26, 2020
Meeting Minutes from May 2018
Meeting Minutes from September 2018
Meeting Minutes from October 2018
Meeting Minutes from November 2018
Meeting Minutes from January 2019
Meeting Minutes from February 2019
Meeting Minutes from April 2019
Meeting Minutes from May 2019
Safe School Travel Planning Report – City of Hamilton 2018