2021-2022 School Council Executive
Co-Chair – Tarek Jalbout & Hans Stief
Secretary – David Bradley Halls
Treasurer – unfilled
Mrs. Mary Ellen Opie – School Representative (non-voting member)
School Council Minutes
- Queen Victoria School Council Meeting October 29 2020
- QV Parent Council Minutes September 30 2021 (2)
We are always looking for new members!!
Role of A School Council
School councils have a legislated role at their schools and are there to ensure the best possible education for students. Our school councils are comprised of democratically elected representatives of our parent community. Together, they:
- focus on student learning and the best interest of all students,
- provide a forum through which parents and other members of school communities can contribute to improving student achievement and school performance,
- make recommendations to the school principal and the Board on any matter they see impacting accountability and academic excellence and;
- serve as a communication and information channel between the school and community.