Join HWDSB’s Human Rights and Equity Community Advisory Committee
HWDSB is committed to identifying and eliminating all forms of discrimination such as racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia and so on. In support of this commitment to creating an inclusive and safe environment in our schools, the Board of Trustees has established the HWDSB Human Rights and Equity Community Advisory Committee.
The HRE Community Advisory Committee meets bi-monthly with a schedule determined by the committee. As a committee member, you will be providing advice and feedback using human rights, anti-racist and anti-oppressive lenses to ensure that decisions, policies and practices are/will not create barriers to Black, Indigenous, racialized, Two-spirit and LGBTQIA+ and other equity-seeking students and families.
The committee is inviting applications from:
- parents/guardians/caregivers/community members
- a community representative from human rights and equity-focused organizations, alliances and/or networks that serves Black, Indigenous, racialized communities, Two-spirit and LGBTQI2S+ communities, ethno-cultural communities, and people with disabilities
This position is a one-year term and ends on June 30, 2021.
Please see more details in the letters below:
- Letter- 2020-21 HRE invitation-student
- Letter-2020-21 HRE invitation-parent & community member
- Letter- 2020-21 HRE invitation-organization
If you are interested in participating, please complete and submit the appropriate application form:
- Student online application form
- Parent/guardian/community member online application form
- Organization online application form
The application deadline is October 19, 2020.