8:45 AM - 2:45 PM
John Manzin - 905-525-2140 | Email
Todd Graves | Email
SuperintendentMichelle Lemaire - 905.527.5092 x 2624 | E-mail Michelle Lemaire
TrusteeSabreina Dahab - 365.889.2969 | E-mail Sabreina Dahab
Administrative Office Staff
Glenwood is a small school that provides unique opportunities for students with special needs. The students and staff work hard to project a positive message of student potential and possibility within the community. We have small class settings and an enabling environment which offers individualized programmes and group activities for all students.
Glenwood offers every student the opportunity to reach their full potential. Our students may participate in or have access to:
- Special School/Class events
- Kinesiologist to assist with specialized physical needs and programmes and train staff to safely care for students and use specialized equipment
- Communication Disorder Assistant to assist with verbal and non-verbal communication skills (signing, picture symbols and technology)
- Classrooms: Each class is grouped based upon several criteria. (ie. age, ability level, physical or social-emotional needs, gender). The student groupings are flexible and changes may be made to provide more effective programming or to accommodate the arrival of new students. Glenwood provides an educational programme for school aged students (age 5 to 21) who have an intellectual disability.
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
- Qualified Special Education Teachers
- Qualified Educational Assistants
- Small class settings
- Class and school barbeques
- Daily Physical Activity including a modified exercise programme
- Life Skills Room – Glenwood Apartment & Laundry Area
- An interactive playground which is wheelchair accessible
Our School Plan
- Glenwood is considered an “alternative program”. As such each student has an Individual Educational Plan designed to respond to their needs.
- The vision is one of students moving “toward independence” through the development of skills geared to student ability as well as maximized life skills and communication training.
- Each student has the opportunity to improve their performance and achievement at a variety of different levels in every aspect of the programme. Each class promotes hands-on learning through a variety of manipulatives and resources.
- Glenwood works cooperatively with community agencies and parents to provide a continuum of programme and support between home, school and the community. The staff are very flexible and work together as a cohesive unit to provide the learning tools and environment to ensure student success.
Parent & Community Involvement
- The Glenwood community is a unique blend of society as a whole. Although we are located in one neighbourhood our students come from all areas of the city and outlying county areas.