8:25 AM - 2:45 PM
French Immersion is available.
Jenny Seto-Vanderlip - 905-648-4115 | Email
Caitlin Evans | Email
SuperintendentJane Macpherson - 905.527.5092 x 2626 | E-mail Jane Macpherson
TrusteeAlex Johnstone - 905.515.7082 | E-mail Alex Johnstone
School Council Chair
Mr. De Maria, Mr. Macqueen
Home & School Chair
Mrs. Shedden and Mrs. Evans
Mrs. Jenny Seto-Vanderlip
Mrs. Caitlin Evans
Administrative Office Staff
Mrs. Joanne Lewis (south)
Mrs. Donna Todoric (north)
Mrs. Marilyn Islami (north and south)
School Phone numbers:
South Campus – 905-648-4439 (Grades FDK, 6,7,8)
North Campus – 905-648-4115 (Grades 1-5)
Programs & Services – 2020-21 these programs and services are on hold until further notice.
Student Success Supports
- Dedicated Learning Resource
- Teacher-Advisor Program
- Subject Specialist Teachers
- Study Hall- Lunch recess
- Transitions Team: Rousseau, Spring Valley
- Senior to Ancaster High School, Sherwood High School (French Immersion)
- Shared Instructional and Assessment practices through team planning and Teacher Moderation
- Red Maple Reading Program
- Reading Club
- Grade 6 “A Day in the Life” Transitions day- June
- Award-Winning Instrumental Music Program
- School-wide collaborative focus on Global Warming
- Baseball (4 teams)
- Cross Country
- Flag Football
- Swim Team
- Volleyball (4 teams)
- Basketball (4 teams)
- Track and Field
- Intramurals: Floor Hockey, Volleyball,
- Student Council
- Wall Climbing/Belaying Club
- Office Helpers
- Tuck Shop Helpers
- Pizza Helper
- Art Club
- P.A. Announcements Team
- Recycling Club
- Math Club
- Red Maple Reading Club
Clubs and Extracurricular Activities
- Spectator PULSE
- Trips: Annual Ski Trip, Camp Wenonah, Montreal, Toronto
- Math Club
Our School Plan
Use feeder schools’ DRA & EQAO to inform instruction
Literacy, Numeracy, Technology & Science
Common Planning time for staff to participate in collaborative team planning and Teacher Moderation
Climate of High Expectations
- Kid Talk
- Increase engagement as a learning community through common planning times to work together within the school day whenever possible.
- Use technology to stimulate and support student engagement.
- Transitions: Feeder Schools to Frank Panabaker (Gr. 6 to 7), Ancaster Senior to Associated High Schools (Gr. 8 to 9).
- Global Awareness and support of Global Citizen initiatives (CANFAR, Adopt-A-Village, Tsunami Support, Run for Haiti, Anti-Poverty Task Force), Issues of Global Warming, Recycling)
Parent & Community Involvement
- Frank Panabaker School receives strong support and shared responsibility from our school council and school community, in assisting our students to develop strong principles and values.
- Timely updates to the school website and posted daily announcements by the school to announce activities and events that are happening in the community and a School Council and H&S page.
- Frank Panabaker School provides our community with evening access to the gym and school facilities via HWDSB rental program.
- The education of our children is a partnership between the school, parents, and the students themselves. Our Council strives to help develop this partnership by helping make the environment welcoming and by letting parents know that they can always come to Council if they have a school-wide concern.
- Home and School and School Council work diligently to support and plan Grade 8 Graduation through fundraising, planning, and execution of graduation celebrations.
- Volunteers are a very valuable resource. Frank Panabaker School relies on volunteers in a number of ways and we appreciate all the time parents contribute to our students’ endeavors. Parent volunteers are welcome additions to classrooms, library, co-curricular programs, out of school trips, fundraising among others. Please contact the school if you would like to volunteer.