Updates from Billy Green
Welcome back Gators!
We hope you enjoyed the April Break last week.
This week staff, students, and families have been working together to help for a smooth transition back to remote learning.
A few reminders:
– We will be continuing to follow our regular school day
– The school day starts at 8:40am and ending at 3:00pm.
– Nutrition Breaks are 10:40-11:20 and 1:00-1:40
– Attendance will be taken every morning (by 10am) and every afternoon (by 2:10pm)
– If your child will not be attending for a day or part of a day, please enter their absence in School Messenger as you would normally.
– As usual, School Messenger will call out to families for students that are unexplained after attendance is taken.
– If your child’s attendance is not accurate or if you are unable to enter/alter an absence for your child in the School Messenger, please email Mrs. Hyatt at email@example.com
– Devices are not currently being deployed for Kindergarten students.
– Kindergarten staff will continue to teach online, however for families unable to join, a supplement program has been provided:
– Please reach out to your child’s Kindergarten teacher should you have further questions.
– At times, students and families may need some guidance to navigate the tech or the tech tools used for online learning.
– This online resource outlines many common issues and can be a good first step in solving problems that arise:
– Additionally, please feel free to connect with us directly at BillyGreen@hwdsb.on.ca and someone will return your email or call you back to help.
Contacting the School
– Our phones at Billy Green may not be answered regularly during this period of online learning.
– Questions and concerns about your child’s program should first be directed to the child’s educators.