Students, give us input as we plan We All Count: HWDSB Student Census 2021
As part of the HWDSB Equity Action Plan, HWDSB will collect voluntary identity-based student data in April 2021 through the We All Count: HWDSB Student Census project.
If we consistently collect and analyze this data, we can identify and address systemic barriers and discrimination. The data will help us support equity, student achievement and well-being through evidence-informed decision making.
As we plan for the student census, we will hold consultation sessions so that students can:
- Learn about the student census: What is it? Why and how are we doing it? Who is involved?
- Review the plan and draft questions, then give us feedback.
- Share any concerns and barriers to participation.
Please register with a group that applies to you to join a virtual consultation over MS Teams.
- Student Trustees and Student Senate: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 5 to 7 p.m. Register here.
- Black, racialized and students who identify as a member of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, religion, abilities or place of origin: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 5 to 7 p.m. Register here.
- Two-spirit and LGBTQIA+ students: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 5 to 7 p.m. Register here.
- Indigenous students: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Register here.
After you register, we will send you the link to attend the MS Teams meeting.
For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your participation.
We All Count: Student Census Working Committee