8:55 AM - 3:15 PM
French Immersion is available.
Visit our child care website.
Kristi Keery-Bishop - 905.628.2622 | Email Kristi Keery-Bishop
SuperintendentMichael Prendergast - 905.527.5092 x 2626 | E-mail Michael Prendergast
TrusteeGreg Van Geffen - 289.339.6328 | E-mail Greg Van Geffen
School Council Chair
- Adrienne Osfolk
Administrative Office Staff: Debbie Strybosch
Dundana School is located in Dundas close to Wentworth Lodge off South St. and Lynden Ave. The school was built in 1953 with six classrooms and a gymnasium. The name Dundana was chosen from an abbreviation of Dundas and Ancaster, because the site of the school was once in the municipality of Ancaster.
The school serves children from JK to Grade 5. The school has an environmental garden and a large playground. Two additions were later made to the building and one of the first JK classes in Wentworth County was opened in 1995 with an enrollment of 24 students.
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
- Levelled Literacy Intervention
- Class Act
- Empower Reading Program
- Effective in-school resource meetings
- Special Education binders for classroom teachers
- Effective intervention by Learning Resource Teacher
- Intervention based on need
- Differentiated Instruction
- Home reading program
- French Immersion (Grades 1 to 5)
- Focussed school wide literacy and numeracy goals
- SMART Board technology
- Numeracy problem solving approach
- Character Education- monthly themes
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
- Swim Team
- Grade 4/5 Basketball
- Talent Show
- Annual Terry Fox Run
Before/After School Program or Activities
- Umbrella Child and Family Centre provides supervision to students before and after school every day
- Website: umbrellafamily.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our School Plan
- Targeted school wide goals in reading and writing
- Numeracy – focus on problem solving approach
- Environmental Garden
- Positive School Climate
Parent & Community Involvement
- Dundana enjoys a very involved and supportive community. School Council meets monthly. Check the school website for more information.
- Parents are actively involved in supporting their children through volunteering in the school, on class/school excursions and at home by supporting their child with their learning. Teachers communicate via newsletters and through the student agenda.