Billy Green School
Billy Green School is located in the Upper Stoney Creek area on Paramount Drive North just off Mud Street.
Built in 1981 under the former Wentworth County Board of Education, the school was named after a local hero of the War of 1812. Billy Green was born on February 4th, 1794 and died in 1877. After the war, his brother Levi was credited with saving Saltfleet District.
Our school is home to approximately 490 students and 40 staff members.
- 20 regular classes from Junior Kindergarten to Grade Eight
- 2 Comprehensive Communication classes
Our community partners who share space at our school include:
- Y.M.C.A. (which operates a before and after school daycare and a Kinder Care program)
- Ontario Early Years Centre for preschool children and their parents