Your Voice in School Council is one of the most effective and rewarding ways that parents/guardians can get involved in their children’s learning. Parents who take part in School Councils have the opportunity to voice their opinions on school issues and decisions on behalf of parents and community members in your school community. Research shows that parental involvement is the most significant factor contributing to a child’s success in school. Their active participation in school activities improves student achievement, increases school attendance and decreases student dropout. Students succeed when parents have a positive attitude about the importance of good education.
Upcoming School Council meetings:
- Thursday, December 14th, 2017 (Updates will be provided on the transition of French Immersion to Bennetto and the New North Secondary School).
- Thursday, January 11th, 2018
- Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Thursday, March 1, 2018
- Thursday, April 12th, 2018
- Thursday, May 10th, 2018
- Thursday, June 14th, 2018 – CANCELLED
School Council meetings start at 6:15pm in the Library.
Please visit our Facebook page: Bennetto School Council