[Skip to Content]
Ridgemount

Week of Mar 5-9, 2018

[Skip to Content]
Textsize
A+ A-

Week of Mar 5-9, 2018

Hello Ridgemount Families:

I hope that everyone enjoyed the PD day on Friday. As staff our PD day was full of lots of of great learning! We explored how to design our math programs, how to make them engaging for students, how to align them with the curriculum and how to track student progress and plan our next steps. We also discussed and planned our Positive Culture and Well Being school-wide initiatives and how we can continue to create and ensure that we promote student voice to ensure a positive culture at Ridgemount.  We are truly so lucky to have such caring and professional staff that really are committed to student achievement and engagement.

Please remind your children to frequently check the lost and found bin at the front of the school and please feel free to stop by and check through the items to claim any belongings. We are periodically sending bags of the lost and found items to charity after sending warnings to students / families and displaying on tables in the front foyer for a week before they are taken away.

Our By Law Enforcement Officers have been coming by the school so please be sure to adhere to the signs posted at the front and side of the school. Be sure to not block the bus loading zones as those violating could be ticketed and we do want to ensure the safety of all students. Please support us by making sure students are on time so they do not miss their buses and by encouraging those that can walk to school to please do so. A reminder to continue to talk to students about bus safety as we continue to hear from drivers that there are occasionally issues. We apologize for the buses that have arrived late this last month. We are continuing to share our concerns and will continue to address these issues with our Transportation Department. 

A reminder that this Friday is the last day of school before the March Break. There will be no school from March 12-16. Students return on Monday, March 19th.  Friday, March 30th is Good Friday and Monday, April 2nd is Easter Monday. There will be no school on these days.  Below is the list of events happening at Ridgemount for the week of March 5-9.

Have a great week everyone!!

Week of March 5 – 9 th 2018

Monday

3/5/2018 3:05-4:35PM

After School Scholar’s Program

Tuesday

3/6/2018 FOR THE AM

Grade 8 Police Officer Presentation and Social Skills Group with Our Settlment Workers

Tuesday

3/6/2018 2:00 PM

Chocolate Assembly

​Mr. Massie

Wednesday

3/7/2018

World Math Day

Wednesday

3/7/2018  ALL DAY

Soccer Tournament

​Boys and Girls soccer

M. Adams, J. Warrick

Wednesday

3/7/2018 9:00 AM

Speech Contest

​Grades 6-8

Wednesday

3/7/2018 3:05 -4:35PM

After School Scholar’s Program

Thursday

3/8/2018

chocolate bar forms due to Mr. Massie

Thursday

3/8/2018 10:45 AM

D&D Club

Thursday

3/8/2018 11:30 AM

Mountsberg Raptor Presentation

Friday

3/9/2018 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL BEFORE MARCH BREAK!!!!

Updated on Sunday, March 04, 2018.
Back to the top