8:20 AM - 2:40 PM
Visit our child care website.
Rob Maudsley - 905.574.4044 | Email Rob Maudsley
SuperintendentLaura Romano - 905.527.5092 x 2622 | E-mail Laura Romano
TrusteeDawn Danko - 289.775.0269 | E-mail Dawn Danko
School Council Chairs
Administative Office Staff
Ms. L. Wright
Lincoln M. Alexander School is a JK to Grade 6 school situated in a well-established community on the mountain, South of the LINC and East of Upper Gage Ave. The School was opened in 1990 and named after the Honourable Lincoln M. Alexander (affectionately known as Linc), who was present for the opening ceremony. The school is built in a large square shape with the gym/stage in the center of the building and classrooms around the exterior. The school has an attached Daycare established at the West end wing, which services a before and after school program for our community. The school focuses on early intervention programs and early enhancement opportunities for our youngest students. JK SK programs focus on Language Development and Reading Readiness through KLIC; selected grade one students receive Levelled Literacy Intervention (LLI) and some grade two students receive the EMPOWER reading programme. We take pride in our ability to support and integrate both the Character Network Classroom (room 10) and the Character Network Centre which sees three groups of students visit our school for six week blocks to enhance their social skill development. Our students participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities, including athletics and variety shows. Lincoln Alexander School is a great school in which to teach and learn.
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
• K-2 Reading Focus (KLIC, LLI, Empower)
• Volunteers to Support Instruction
• Problem Solving Approach to Mathematics
• Junior Math Initiatives
• Visiting Story Tellers
• Book Fairs
• Classroom LRT Supports
• Problem Solving Approach to Mathematics
• Learning Goals & Success Criteria
• Formative Assessment Strategies
• Early Reading Intervention (KLIC, LLI, Empower)
• Focus on 21st Century Fluencies
CLUBS Some of the clubs that have been offered in recent years are:
• Jr. Girls and Boys Volleyball
• Reading and Math Club
• PowerPoint Slide Show Club
• Cross Country
• Track and Field
Before/After School Program or Activities
- Umbrella Before/After School Daycare
Our School Plan
- The KLIC program (JK/SK) for developing early
- Language/Reading skills has been very effective in preparing students for grade 1 with an advantage in the area of Reading Skills.
- Write Traits Program is used throughout the school on a school wide theme basis to improve writing skills.
- Math Manipulatives have been used extensively as well as math carpets for teaching concrete strategies in Math.
Safe Schools has been a focus in the school, starting with proper classroom behavior expectations being taught in each class to school wide themes focus during assemblies. This year we introduced the SLC(Student Learning Community) time as a joint
Pr/Jr initiative to focus on Character Development.
Both the Fire Dept. as well as the School Police Officer share with each class, on topics such as Fire Safety, Bullying, etc.
We have recently begun to establish a Lockdown procedure to ensure that the building doors are secure.
Our School Environment Committee made up of staff, parents plan regular school themes and events to enhance school culture. Beach Days, Kindness Week, letter writing help to create a great school culture.
Parent/Guardian & Community Involvement
- We have a very active and supportive School Council and Community, with 30 volunteers, ranging in activities from reading with students, planning Pizza Days and Fund Raisers to countless meaningful other supports. Our parents are very active in the school and nightly support our At Home Reading Program.
Parents/Guardians and other family members are key to the success of this school. Students come to school well rested, cared for and ready to learn. Many students are extensively involved in other activities, such as skating, swimming, hockey, piano, and many other athletic activities. Parents support our “Read at Home” program by listening to their children read “at level” books each evening.