A.M. Cunningham School offers many opportunities for parents to become involved in the school, depending on time availability. Opportunities include …
From Home …
- Ensuring students attend school on a daily basis and are punctual in their arrival
- Ensuring students are “ready to learn” – well rested, well nourished, organized with essential materials
- Reading the student agenda on a daily basis, responding as needed
- Reading to and with their child on a daily basis
- Providing a quiet space for completion of homework
At School …
- Volunteering in the classroom
- Assisting with our daily Milk Programme
- Assisting with special events – trips, Pizza Days
- Offering their special talents – presentations, sports, music etc.
- Attending programs within the school and community
- Maintaining the Learning Garden
- Becoming a member and / or attending School Council. Thank you to the many parents and community members who enhance our learning environment by volunteering. Please note that a current Police Check is needed if a volunteer is working directly with students. Please contact the principal for more information.