Council/Home & School Highlights
The following are highlights from Wednesday night’s School Council/ Home and School Meeting:
- Vote taken on holding Parent Council and Home and Council jointly. Motion Approved
- March 29th is Wacky Hair Day – collecting hair products and toiletries to Interval House
- April 11 – As part of our activities for Day of Pink, Officer Melissa Drozd from Hamilton Police Services will be speaking to Gr. 4-6 students about internet safety and “how to be kind on-line”.
- April 17th – Cool Little Kids (K-2), Families Worrying Less Together (3-6) sessions for families. Information to be posted in school and on website. RSVP by April 12th
- Mary Poppins Performances – May 3 – May 5
- May 10 – Book Fair during school (for students) and after school (for families) at Open House
- Thank you to Mrs. Strecker for all of her leadership as School Council Co-Chair as she takes a break from this role after serving for several years. Thanks also to Mrs. Curry who will continue as Chair.
Home and School
Home and School approved funding to support the following initiatives:
- Forest of Reading – $1763.91
- Classroom Enhancements $3084.42
- Scientists in the school – $1800+ tax
- Kids request $400
- Teachers request $2000
- Curling $350
- Fun Fair – June 1
- June 5 – Rousseau Track and Field Day – Home and School to provide freezies
- Thank you to Mrs. Davis for her leadership as past Home and School President. Thanks also to Mrs. Manzine for accepting the role as the new Home and School President.
Updated on Sunday, March 25, 2018.