At a Board meeting on May 28, 2012, Trustees passed a motion regarding the South Area Accommodation Review.
The South Area Review decision will seek to build a new $25-million school on the southeast Mountain and close Barton, Hill Park and Mountain secondary schools no later than June 2015.
Schools that are considered to be in the ARC – South jurisdiction are:
- Hill Park
- Sir Allan MacNab
ARC – South is scheduled to meet on the following dates from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Education Centre (100 Main Street West). All meetings are open to the public.
Working meetings include:
- Tuesday, January 4, 2011
- Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- Tuesday, March 8, 2011
- Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Tuesday, May 17, 2011
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011
- Tuesday, September 6, 2011
- Thursday, September 15, 2011
- Tuesday, September 27, 2011
- Tuesday, October 18, 2011
- Tuesday, November 8, 2011
- Wednesday, November 23, 2011
- Tuesday, November 29, 2011 (previously a public meeting date)
- Wednesday,December 7, 2011
- Wednesday, December 14, 2011
- Wednesday, January 11, 2012
- Thursday, January 26, 2012
The ARC will also hold four public meetings to provide community members with an opportunity to engage in open dialogue about the process and recommendations. Public meetings will be held at the sites indicated below, from 6 to 9 p.m. unless a revised time is indicated.
Public meetings include:
- Tuesday, February 15 (Hill Park Secondary School)
- Tuesday, April 26 (Sherwood Secondary School)
- Thursday, October 27 (Hill Park Secondary School)
- Thursday, January 19, 2012 (Barton Secondary School)
At each Public Meeting, bus tickets and childcare are available upon request. Please contact HWDSB Switchboard at 905-527-5092 ext. 2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the sidebar for more information about the ARC process and ARC – South developments.