Two recent provincial funding announcements support our revitalization and our shared long-term vision for our school communities.
On October 28, 2016, the Ministry of Education announced that it is investing more than $35 million for new schools and renovation projects in Hamilton-Niagara. Specifically, this funding is for:
- Building a new a new JK-8 elementary school for 564 students on the current Eastdale site. This school will house JK-8 students living in the Eastdale boundary, as well as some students from Collegiate Avenue and Mountain View; and
- Renovating one classroom and building a full-day kindergarten addition to Sir Wilfrid Laurier Elementary School to accommodate 307 students.
On June 19, 2017, the Ministry further announced an additional $33.5 million investment for:
- A new 682-pupil elementary school on the Glen Brae/Glen Echo campus;
- A new 495-pupil elementary school on the Memorial (Stoney Creek) site; and
- An addition to Collegiate Avenue Elementary School to accommodate 213 students.