Welcome to Student Services!
At Sir Winston Churchill, we offer a variety of services to assist students in both academics and their well-being.
Please follow us on Twitter for updates @swc_guidance.
Our Guidance Counsellors are assigned alphabetically by students’ last names.
- Ms. S. Hockin—A-K—extension 231 (Head of Student Services)
- Ms. K. Miminas—L-Z—extension 233 (Assistant Head of Student Services)
Appointments for counsellors can be made by contacting the Student Services Administrative Assistant 905-547-6415.
- Ms. Grace Simon—extension 232
Additional support is offered to Grade 9 students to help them with their transition to high school.
- Mr. G. Watson—extension 253 (Student Success Lead Teacher)
Additional Community Supports
In addition to our Guidance staff, we have a variety of community supports available to students.
All of our supports are accessed through referrals, although students can often self-refer.
- TBD—Public Health Nurse; available Tuesday; 905-546-2424, ext. 1963
- Lorena Dolinar—Alternatives for Youth; available Monday to Wednesday; 905-549-4124
- Kausalya Vimal—Social Worker; schedule TBD
- Erica Bridge —John Howard Society; available Monday to Thursday
- Anthony Payton—John Howard Society; available Friday
- Tracey Prokipchuck—College in Motion, Mohawk College; available Wednesday afternoons by appointment; 905-870-0856
- Brionne Asham—NYA:WEH Aboriginal youth worker; available every day in room 333