Thursday September 2nd, 2021
Hello Sir Winston Churchill Bulldogs!
We are very excited to welcome you all back to school this year. Sir Winston Churchill is an amazing place, and we are so happy to have students back in the building. We welcome all returning Bulldogs, but we also extend a special welcome for our newest grade 9 Bulldogs.
The safety protocols planned for this year are still being vetted by Public Health so I can’t share a lot of detail in today’s email, but I do have some news to share. And I will continue to send emails as important information emerges.
Here is what I can share today:
- student timetables are now available in the Parent Portal and have now also been emailed to parent email addresses. Please remember to print a copy or take a screenshot.
- the first day of class is Wednesday, September 8th.
- students will have one morning class for 150 minutes (period 1) and one afternoon class for 150 minutes (period 2).
- Periods 3 & 4 will start in mid-November so students will only focus on two subjects at a time.
- our bell times have not changed. Our day goes from 9:00am – 3:05pm.
- all courses are face-to-face in the school building unless you have signed up for elearning courses with your guidance counsellor.
- we are excited to announce that sports/extra-curricular activities will be back in some capacity. Safety protocols are still being determined so this return can be done safety – more info to come.
- the administrative team at Churchill will be the same this year, although many of you have most likely not met us as we arrived at Churchill during the last school year. Christine Nicolaides is the principal. Kara Kindree (working with students with last names A-K, and Wendall Gillis (working with students with the last names L-Z) are the vice principals. Please feel free to reach out to the VPs if you have questions/concerns about your student.
- you are able to contact your guidance counsellor with timetable or pathway questions. Ms. Hockin (last names beginning with A-K) firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. O’Connor (last names beginning with L-Z) email@example.com
- there is office staff available to help direct your inquiries to the correct support person if you call the main school number (905-547-6415).
I anticipate more information being released prior to September 8th. We will be in touch when that happens. For now, I hope our Bulldogs enjoy the final bit of summer.
We are so excited to see you all on September 8th!
Click HERE for a copy of SWC’s Principal’s Letter