Sherwood Transition Update – June 17, 2022
Dear Sherwood students and families,
We are pleased to let you know that work on the Sherwood revitalization project is progressing as scheduled.
Here are some recent updates:
- The move from Sherwood to the temporary school site at 75 Palmer Road has started and will continue until July 10, 2022.
- The tender for the asbestos abatement and demolition contractor has closed, within budget, and was awarded June 15, 2022. We expect abatement to occur from about July 11 to October.
- We have retained an architect for the Sherwood renovations and site investigations are done. Design work is underway. Design and permitting work will occur this summer simultaneously.
- We plan to issue general contractor procurement documents in September 2022 (pending receipt of the building permit), with construction starting in October 2022. We anticipate that there will be some overlap between the abatement and general contractor activities.
- Construction of the prototype room at Sherwood (High Street) is nearing completion and we expect it to be ready before the end of June 2022. This will give the Sherwood community a way to see what the typical, renovated room will look like.
- As part of our commitment to engage with the Sherwood community, we are issuing a survey to hear feedback on the whether the interior brick should be painted or preserved in the renovated Sherwood.
We look forward to future opportunities to continue to engage with the community, and we will continue to share updates when they are available.
You can find all updates and materials collected on the Future of Sherwood web page.
Superintendent of Student Achievement
Updated on Wednesday, June 22, 2022.