Ryerson’s Daily Schedule
|9:oo a.m.||Student Entry|
|9:00 a.m.||Period 1|
|9:50 a.m.||Period 2|
|10:40 a.m.||Period 3|
|11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:20 p.m.||Period 4|
|1:10 p.m.||Period 5|
|2:00 p.m.||Period 6|
|2:50 p.m.||Student Dismissal|
Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s safety. A safe-arrival program is a mechanism that parents and schools use to account for a student’s unexplained absence from school.
Responsibilities of parents and guardians:
- to communicate planned absences or lateness to the school.
- to provide the school with complete and current emergency information to enable the school to make any necessary contacts.
Responsibilities of the school:
- to contact the home to find out the reason for absence, leave a message if there is no answer.
- to contact a parent/guardian at their business phone if a number is on file.
- contact the emergency numbers when all other attempts to contact the parent/guardian have been unsuccessful.
Ryerson Middle School has an answering machine that is available for messages from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. Please call 905-528-7975 and leave a message if your child will be absent from school orlate in arriving.
We ask that parents send a note with their child if the student is to be excused from school during the day, or if you have given your son/daughter permission to go out for lunch. Students are issued an “excuse:” slip, and that slip is given to the appropriate teacher/supervisor.
Parent signatures are on file in a number of places, and it is much easier for staff to confirm the note is from a parent, than a voice over the telephone. When you call in to have your child excused, we must interrupt the entire class to call your child to the office for the message.
Advisors will ask for a parental note for any absences where the school has not been informed of the reason for absence or the school has been unable to contact home.