The Ministry of Education has allowed for amended Community Involvement Opportunities for all students during the COVID-19 restrictions.
What Stays the Same
- Students will continue to record their community involvement hours using the Record of Community Involvement Hours form.
What Is New
- For students graduating in the 2020-21 school year, the community involvement graduation requirement will be reduced to a minimum of 20 hours of community involvement activities.
- Please note: This exception is ONLY for students who are graduating in the 2020-21 school year. If you are unsure whether or not you will be graduating in the 2020-21 school year please email your guidance counsellor.
- Completion of community involvement hours have amended parameters for 2020-2021, including when and how students complete these hours. See the table below for more details.
- Any student wishing to use paid employment for community involvement hours must complete and submit a student reflection sheet.
- To access the Student Reflection Sheet, please use the following link: Community Involvement Hours, Learning Through Reflection
Requesting Principal Approval:
- Please fully complete the Record of Community Involvement Hours form and the Community Involvement Hours, Learning Through Reflection
- Once completed, scan and email the documents to your guidance counsellor who will review the hours and submit them for the principal’s approval.
- If you are unable to scan and email the documents you can drop them off to the Student Services Secretary, Mrs. Vooys.
Updated on Wednesday, May 12, 2021.