As you know, HWDSB is developing a pillar human rights policy to help everyone understand their human rights, roles and responsibilities in HWDSB learning and working spaces. The human rights policy will serve as an anchor to related policies and further HWDSB’s commitment to foster and maintain a culture of human rights. We are actively recruiting student participants for our upcoming sessions below.
- Indigenous communities – Date and time to be confirmed (REGISTER)
- Black/ African Descent communities – November 25, 6pm – 7:30pm (REGISTER)
- Racialized communities – November 30, 6pm – 7:30pm (REGISTER)
- Faith-based and ethno-cultural communities – December 1, 6pm -7:30pm (REGISTER)
- Two-spirit & LGBTQIA+ – December 15, 6pm – 7:30pm (REGISTER)
- Student Trustees, Student Senate and Student Groups – December 8, 4pm – 5:30pm (REGISTER)
- Person with Disabilities – December 16, 6pm – 7:30pm (REGISTER)
- Newcomer/ immigrant and/or English Language Learners – December 9, 6pm – 7:30pm (REGISTER)
- General Session – January 2022 (date and to be confirmed) (REGISTER)
Students will receive a $25 gift card for their participation and contribution.
HWDSB staff, as well as parents, caregivers and community members, are also invited to participate in the above sessions. Please register using the following links:
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Rights Office at email@example.com. For more information about HWDSB’s Human Rights Policy please visit the Human Rights Policy page at https://www.hwdsb.on.ca/human-rights-policy/.