Status Update (July 2): We have completed the first run of emails with report cards, to elementary and secondary school families. We will do a second distribution on July 10. To ensure that you receive your child’s report card, see the updated troubleshooting steps below. Further information will be provided after July 10 for families still missing report cards. Thank you for your patience during this new process.
Secure delivery of unofficial report cards
We are sending families report cards as secure documents using SchoolMessenger’s email feature. To see the report card after you get this email, you will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN). You can find your child’s OEN on a previous progress report or report card. Enter the OEN without spaces or dashes.
The emailed report card parents, caregivers, and guardians receive is an unofficial document because it is not signed. A printed, signed copy will be provided in the fall when we reopen. Further details will be provided in September.
How to contact your school
If you need to contact your school during this process, please do so using your school’s contact form here. (Note that secondary school offices are open during the summer (by phone/email only), but elementary school offices are closed until the end of August.) If you have questions, please call 905-527-5092 or email email@example.com.
- Report card Translation_ARABIC
- Report card Translation-FRENCH
- Report card Translation-PUNJABI
- Report card Translation_SERBIAN
- Report card Translation_SPANISH
- Report card Translation_URDU
Process if you have not received report cards
Sign up for a SchoolMessenger account
- Download the SchoolMessenger app or visit go.schoolmessenger.ca. Create an account (using the email address you have on file with your child’s school). Once you are logged in, go to Preferences on the left-hand menu and turn on email for messages.
- If unable to sign up for SchoolMessenger, ensure that you are trying this using the email address your child’s school has on file.
Verify that SchoolMessenger has correct information
- In SchoolMessenger, verify under Preferences that the service has your correct email address. This is the email address that report cards will be sent to.
When an email arrives, enter your child’s Ontario Education Number.
- Your child’s Ontario Education Number should be entered without spaces or dashes.
- If you cannot find your child’s OEN number, please contact the school board by phone at 905-527-5092 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. An OEN can be sent to the email on record for a student.
If the report card email does not arrive, check the following:
- Conversation View: In Gmail, emails can be nested within the same subject line in a conversation view. Check that a missing report card is not hidden this way.
- Check Junk Mail: You can search the phrase, Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board has prepared a secure document.
- Blocked sender: Check that SchoolMessenger is not a blocked contact in your email program/internet provider.
If you still have not received an email…
- We apologize for the inconvenience and understand how frustrating this can be.
- We are developing a way to deliver report cards to families who still do not have a report card after the July 10 second distribution run.
Please remember that all HWDSB families will receive a printed, signed copy of their child’s report card in fall 2020, when we reopen. We will share more details about this in September.