At Ancaster Senior Public School we learn in many ways and focus on:
- personalized, collaborative inquiry-based learning
- blended learning which means mixing up how we learn individually and together face-to-face and online
- using technology to enhance how we learn with and from others in our physical and digital world
Students and staff are leveraging technology for learning whether it be to communicate, research, collaborate or access information.
Each ASPS classroom is provisioned with technology including laptops, iPads, Smart Boards, and wireless access. Our learning spaces blend face-to-face and online learning in many ways each and every day.
We use many tools to enhance our learning at ASPS and it is important to know how to access and login these tools.Bookmark this site: https://home.hwdsb.on.ca.
Should students bring electronic devices to school, the school is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged devices. Devices must remain in lockers unless specifically requested by the teacher.
- Devices may be used during lunch for personal reasons between 11:20 am – 12:00 pm only.
- Absolutely no picture or video taking at any time.
- Devices are to be locked in lockers during the school day and eating portion of lunch (11-11:20am).
- Parents are asked to text or call before school, at lunch or after school and not to disturb you during class time.
- If there is an emergency or illness, you are to report to the office with the permission of your teacher to contact your parents or a caregiver.
- No electronic / mobile devices are permitted in the change rooms at anytime.
- When in doubt, students should leave their device in their locker.