Attendance, Absences, Lates and Dismissal
Parents are asked to call School Messenger at 1-844-506-4350, use the SchoolMessenger app or the website go.schoolmessenger.ca to report all student absences. Parents/guardians may report absences in advance. Students arriving to school after 9:05 must check into the office to receive a late slip. Parents who have not called the school to report their child’s absence will receive calls and emails from our automated messaging system.
When needing a student dismissed early from school, a note should be supplied to the classroom teacher and phone calls made to the office before 2:30 in the afternoon.
School begins at 8:50 AM and ends at 3:10 PM. The first nutrition break is from 10:30 – 11:10 and the second nutrition break is is from 12:50 – 1:30.
Cancellation of School and Board Operations – Due to inclement weather
HWDSB Hotline # 905-521-2535
The decision to cancel School and Board Administrative Operations is often a difficult call to make.
Please be assured that the decision to remain open or to close is always made with the safety and security of our students and staff in mind. School Boards across Ontario have varying policies about the cancellation of schools. At HWDSB, the cancellation of transportation is linked to the cancellation of School and Board Administrative Operations. The cancellation of transportation immediately triggers the closure of our schools. For more information on the Cancellation of School and Board Administrative Operations go to https://www.hwdsb.on.ca
Please remember, as a parent/guardian you always have the choice of whether or not to send your child to school in inclement weather.
Great Ways to Keep Up to Date with School News
Subscribe to Receive Updates from the Website as they are posted
Steps to subscribing to receive school updates
- Go to the “Subscribe” tab (top of webpage)
- Enter your email address
- In the 2 drop boxes below the school section, select the information you would like to receive from the School Board (this is not school specific information)
- Select the submit button (bottom of page)
- Very important: You will receive an email asking you to verify your subscription.
- Future communication from Elizabeth Bagshaw School will come to your inbox in the form of notification that new information has been uploaded to the Elizabeth Bagshaw website.