All students, parents and staff have rights and responsibilities in the educational process. Students in particular have the right to an education without disruption and a corresponding responsibility not to deny this right to other students. The purpose of these rights and responsibilities is to foster a positive educational atmosphere.
At HWDSB we have the following to attaining the positive learning environment we desire for everyone.
The purposes of this Code of Conduct are as follows:
- To ensure that all members of the school community, are treated with respect and dignity, regardless of, for example, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, sex, disability, creed, family status, or socio‐economic status.
- To promote responsible citizenship by encouraging appropriate participation in the civic life of the school community.
- To maintain an environment where conflict and difference can be addressed in a manner characterized by respect and civility.
- To encourage the use of non‐violent means to resolve conflict.
- To promote the safety of people in the schools.
- To prohibit the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons and firearms.
Updated on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.