We’re sorry – registration has now closed.
If you’re looking for credit opportunities for your Grade 8 (in 2022-2023) student please see our Reach Ahead program page.
Program Dates and Times
|Dates:||Wednesday, July 5 to Friday, July 28, 2023|
|Times:||9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday to Friday|
|Locations:||Bernie Custis and Nora F. Henderson Secondary Schools|
Registration has closed
The goals of HWDSB’s ESL/ELD programs are to:
- Assist the Newcomer with English language acquisition;
- Provide orientation to Canadian society and culture;
- Develop basic interpersonal communication skills in English;
- Enable students to graduate from Secondary Schools with the academic language and skills needed to be successful in Canadian post-secondary institutions and workplaces.
The Summer ESL Literacy Program supports our Day School ESL/ELL programs and helps students continue to improve their English language acquisition during the summer.
Students from outside HWDSB need to complete the student registration process and be registered for the program. Please contact the Continuing Education Hill Park Learning Centre by phone at 905-561-2190 or email us at [email protected] for additional information.
Registration closes June 9, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- The classes are for CURRENT Grade 6-12 students as long as their English skills are no higher than ESLCO or Step Three
- Programs are at NO COST to eligible students
- This is NOT a credit program
- The program is designed to make learning fun and engaging
- Good attitude, behaviour and attendance is expected of every student
- Students are encouraged to bring school supplies and nut free snacks and drinks each day
- Programs will run if there are sufficient numbers. There must be 12-15 students registered and attending the program
- Visa students, visitors and students who did not attend an Ontario school in 2022-2023 may attend for a fee of $450. Fees must be paid in advance through Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton. An on-line payment link will be provided.
- Confirmation of your student’s registration will be emailed the week of June 20th. If you don’t receive the confirmation by June 24th, please contact the Hill Park Learning Centre for assistance at [email protected]
- Registration can be completed by your student’s Principal (Elementary Schools), Guidance Counselor or ESL Teacher.
- Non-HWDSB students, please contact the Continuing Education Hill Park Learning Centre by phone at 905-561-2190 or email us at [email protected] for additional information.
Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel, combine or re-locate programs.