Welcome to the Continuing Education English Language Program
- Our language courses offer the opportunity to improve your English skills in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing while you are visiting Canada.
- Receive instruction from our highly qualified instructors.
- Make new friends from all over the world while learning in a relaxed and fun environment.
How to register
STEP 1 – Call one of our locations to make an appointment for a language assessment.
STEP 2 – Complete your language assessment – bring your identification documents. We only accept original documents.
STEP 3 – Start classes at your preferred location.
Full-time DAY Program
- Offered at Continuing Education City, Hill Park and Parkway Learning Centres
- Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Part-time EVENING Program
- CITY Learning Centre: Monday & Wednesday 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. — Tuesday & Thursday 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- HILL PARK Learning Centre: Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- PARKWAY Learning Centre: Tuesday & Thursday 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- English Every Day : This course is suggested for learners who are interested in intense and continuous learning. Practice speaking & listening, reading and writing on a daily basis. Participate in general activities and take assessments.
The English training at our sites is based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) and the Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA). For information on CLBs and PBLA, please visit https://www.language.ca/resourcesexpertise/on-pbla/
- All visitors will take the Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT).
- The results will show the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) for listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- You will then be placed in a class to best support your English language learning.
- The CLBPT is available by appointment only and is delivered online
- The cost of the CBLPT is CDN$60.
- If you are overseas or in Canada, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time DAY Program
- Most courses are online for the 2020-2021 school year
- Schedule: Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Locations: City Learning Centre, Hill Park Learning Centre or Parkway Learning Centre
- Cost: $400 per month (four weeks)
Part-time NIGHT Program
- All night classes are online for the 2020-2021 school year
- Schedule and Locations
- City Learning Centre – Mondays & Wednesdays: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- City Learning Centre – Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Hill Park Learning Centre – Tuesdays & Thursdays: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Parkway Learning Centre – Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: $100 per month (four weeks)
-Fees for training must be paid in advance. Fees are NOT refundable.
-Monthly payment will be paid online.
Our Learning Centres
465 East 16th St., Hamilton ON L9A 4K6 (formerly Hill Park Secondary School)
(905) 561-2190- Option 3
110 King St. West, Suite 601, Plaza Level, Hamilton ON L8P 4S6, Jackson Square
140 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 1H9