Welcome to the Continuing Education English Language Program
- Our language courses offer the opportunity to improve your English skills in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing while you are visiting Canada.
- Receive instruction from our highly qualified instructors.
- Make new friends from all over the world while learning in a relaxed and fun environment.
How to register
STEP 1 – Call or visit one of our locations to make an appointment for a language assessment.
STEP 2 – Complete your language assessment – bring your identification documents. We only accept original documents.
STEP 3 – Start classes at your preferred location.
Full-time DAY Program
- Offered at Continuing Education City, Hill Park and Parkway Learning Centres
- Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Part-time EVENING Program
- CITY Learning Centre: Monday & Wednesday 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. — Tuesday & Thursday 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- HILL PARK Learning Centre: Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- PARKWAY Learning Centre: Tuesday & Thursday 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- English Every Day : This course is suggested for learners who are interested in intense and continuous learning. Practice speaking & listening, reading and writing on a daily basis. Participate in general activities and take assessments.
- IELTS Test Preparation : This course is for learners who need to expand and refine vocabulary as well as applying strategies to take the IELTS test. It offers a variety of activities to improve reading and writing.
The English training at our sites is based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) and the Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA). For information on CLBs and PBLA, please visit https://www.language.ca/resourcesexpertise/on-pbla/
- All visitors will take the Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT).
- The results will show the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) for listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- You will then be placed in a class to best support your English language learning.
- The CLBPT is available by appointment only.
- The cost of the CBLPT is CDN$60.
- If you are overseas or in Canada, you can also email us at email@example.com
Full-time DAY Program
- Schedule: Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Locations: City Learning Centre, Hill Park Learning Centre or Parkway Learning Centre
- Cost: $400 per month (four weeks)
Part-time NIGHT Program
- Schedule and Locations
- City Learning Centre – Mondays & Wednesdays: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- City Learning Centre – Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Hill Park Learning Centre – Tuesdays & Thursdays: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Parkway Learning Centre – Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: $100 per month (four weeks)
-Fees for training must be paid in advance. Fees are NOT refundable.
-Monthly payment only in cash or debit. ONLY Canadian debit is accepted.
Credit cards are not accepted.
Our Learning Centres
465 East 16th St., Hamilton ON L9A 4K6 (formerly Hill Park Secondary School)
(905) 561-2190- Option 3
110 King St. West, Suite 601, Plaza Level, Hamilton ON L8P 4S6, Jackson Square
140 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 1H9