Join us for Summer School 2020!
Improve your English during the summer and be ready to move forward in September!
Day Program: Dates to be announced
Full day summer school courses are offered at the City Learning Centre and the Hill Park Learning Centre.
Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
*** Child care is available at Hill Park Learning Centre (infants to 10 years) for LINC eligible students only.
Our program offers something for everyone!
- ESL Literacy instruction for students with limited education
- Canadian Language Benchmarks literacy-7
- Improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Receive feedback and learn what you want to learn with the Portfolio Based Language Assessment System
- Care for Newcomer Children (LINC) at the Hill Park Learning Centre
Registration & Assessment
- Call or visit one of our Learning Centres to register for a summer course
- All NEW students require a language assessment at the YMCA Call us we can help make an appointment!
$10 materials fee – Day Program
Must be 18 years of age or older
Subscribe now to receive automatic notifications when new programs or information becomes available.
|City Learning Centre
110 King Street West Suite 601 Plaza level (905) 525-8833
|Hill Park Learning Centre
465 East 16th Street (905) 561-2190
|Monday to Friday
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Literacy to CLB 7
9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Literacy to CLB 7
Care for Newcomer Children (LINC), ages 6 months to 10 years (space is limited).
|Material Fee: $10 for day courses|
|If you are a visitor to Canada, learn more on VISITORS to Canada page|
Information on language training
All our courses are designed on the Portfolio Based Language Assessment model. Most of the classes are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB). The CLBs are the standards used in Canada in language learning and teaching. The Benchmarks describe what a person who is learning English can do at in different situations at home, at school and at work.
Self-assess your language skills https://www.language.ca/index.cfm?Voir=sections&Id=17885&M=4032&Repertoire_No=2137991327