Improve your English while your children are cared for on site!
Peace of mind because you are close by
The Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) program provides a stimulating and safe environment for children to grow and learn while their parents participate in the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program. Our classrooms help children feel safe and comfortable while they enjoy many activities. Classrooms are equipped with toys and materials that encourage learning through play and help prepare them for kindergarten.
The program encourages children to develop confidence, introduces them to new friends and is lots of fun! The children learn English through play, song, and stories. While parents participate in the LINC program, children will participate in programs including:
- Kindergarten Readiness
- Arts and Crafts
- Circle Time (songs, stories, language)
- Gross Motor Play (ball toss and body movement)
- Sensory Play (water, sand, play dough, etc.)
- Imaginative Play with toys
- One Caregiver to three infants aged 6 months to 18 months old.
- One Caregiver to five toddlers aged 19 months to 30 months old
- One Caregiver to eight Preschoolers aged 31 months to 5 years old
- Our full-time childcare staff are registered Early Childhood Educators
Care for Newcomer Children is full-time (9:00 am to 2:00 pm) and available at Hill Park and Parkway Learning Centres from September to June. In July 2022, it is available at Hill Park only.
For more information and to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Fees
Children 6 months to 5 years old with a LINC-eligible parent attending English Every Day or Summer program
No fee for the Care for Newcomer Children program for eligible learners.
Hill Park Learning Centre: 465 East 16th Street (905) 561-2190 ext. 4774 (Free parking)
Parkway Learning Centre: 140 Centennial Parkway North (905) 573-0941 (Free parking)