Share Your Thoughts on Trustee Ward Allocations
Ward Allocation Consultation
HWDSB is seeking feedback from the community regarding Trustee Ward Allocations for the upcoming Municipal Election in the Fall of 2022. This consultation will inform trustees as they determine the allocation of the 15 wards among the 11 trustees for the 2022-2026 term..
The consultation is a result of the population growth in electoral groups areas of Hamilton, requiring the currently combined representation of Ward 1 and Ward 2 to be separated. Options for new ward couplings must be considered to accommodate the uncoupling of Ward 1 and Ward 2.
HWDSB is allotted 11 trustees total based on the population of electoral group (350,780).
The consultation period will run from March 1 to 11, 2022 and all students, families, staff and community members are invited to participate in the consultation.
Current Ward Allocations:
- Wards 1 & 2
- Ward 3
- Ward 4
- Ward 5
- Ward 6
- Ward 7
- Wards 8 & 14
- Wards 9 & 10
- Wards 11 & 12
- Ward 13
- Ward 15
Ward boundaries can be found below. Individual ward maps that include schools and number of students can be found here.
NEW Ward Coupling Options for Consideration:
- Wards 5 & 10
- Wards 6 & 9
- Wards 7 & 8
- Wards 8 & 11
- Wards 9 & 11
- Wards 12 & 14
- Wards 13 & 15
How to participate:
Please complete the Trustee Ward Allocation Feedback Survey at https://ca.research.net/r/HWDSBwards. A preview of survey questions can be found below.
Survey Question Sample
- Please see the map below and identify the ward in which you live. If you want to see individual ward maps that include schools, click HERE.
- Please select the statement that best describes you:
- I am a parent
- I am a parent who works for HWDSB
- I am a community member
- I am an HWDSB student
- I am an HWDSB staff member
- None of the above
- Whether you rent or own your home, Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) asks individuals which school system they support. To your recollection, do you support the English Language Public Education?
- How much do you like the current ward arrangement? What do you like or dislike about it?
- How much do you like or dislike the following possible NEW ward couplings? (See map below for your reference. If you want to see individual ward maps that include schools and number of students, click HERE)
- Please tell us why you like or dislike the ward couplings you commented on.
- Do you think there are any other ward couplings that we should be considering that are not presented here? Are there any ward couplings presented here that should not be considered?
Links and Resources: