Remote Learning Device Request Survey Now Open
To prepare for the temporary move to remote learning until at least January 17, 2022, HWDSB is asking elementary families whose students are currently learning in person to assess their preparedness to have students learn from home. This survey is not intended for parents/guardians of students in our remote learning program, kindergarten program or secondary school.
The Remote Learning Device Request Survey will be open from Monday, January 3 to Tuesday, January 4 at 8 p.m.
- Please visit FORMS in the Parent Portal and look for the Remote Learning Device Request Survey. Please complete one per child in your household.
- In the event you do not have access to the Parent Portal, you should contact your school’s Office Administrator.
- A digital copy of the survey, available in a fillable pdf, can be found by clicking here. This version would require a printer to deliver a hard copy with your child to the school, or saved and attached to an email sent to the school office. See list of elementary school email addresses.
Our priority is to review our expectations related of remote learning during times of closure. Staff will be working on a plan to help remove barriers for learning during COVID-19, including barriers to technology and internet.
Families of both elementary and secondary students who do not have access to wireless internet at home should contact their schools directly to discuss options. Devices are not available to kindergarten students. Internet-enabled devices may be made available to qualifying families.
Resources and Links
- Letter to Families, Preparing for Remote Learning on January 5, 2022
- Parent Portal Login (link)
- Remote Learning Device Request Survey (fillable PDF)*
* for families who do not have access to the Parent Portal only