ALL HWDSB SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED TO STUDENTS UNTIL MONDAY, MAY 4, 2020
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board supports the Ministerial Order as an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we engage the direction to close schools.
Please read these important letters for families at HWDSB:
- Minister Letter to Parents – EN – March 31 2020 (HTML) or
- Letter to HWDSB Families re: COVID-19 – March 26 (HTML) or
- Minister Letter to Parents – EN – March 22 2020 (HTML) or
- Letter to HWDSB Families re: COVID 19 – March 20 2020 (HTML) or
- Letter to HWDSB Families re: COVID 19 – March 13 2020 (HTML) or
If you have any school-related concerns or questions during this time, please contact HWDSB at 905-527-5092 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Response time may be impacted. Thank you for your patience.
HWDSB will be communicating with families through our SchoolMessenger service (phone calls, emails and SMS messages), through this web page, and on social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
We would like to thank you for your patience as we work through the Ministerial Order. Please be advised that we are not accepting any deliveries at the Education Centre or our school sites.
HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD:
To help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory illnesses, including influenza, Public Health recommends:
- Get a yearly influenza vaccination, available from clinics and pharmacies (for flu only);
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer;
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze;
- Avoid touching your face, eyes or mouth;
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm; and
- If you or your family members are ill, stay home.
GUIDANCE ON RETURNING FROM TRAVEL:
Returning travellers are asked to follow advice on self-isolation from our public health agencies. The latest guidance can be found in the links below.