Kindergarten Registration Opens February 6
Online registration opens Monday, February 6, 2023 for Kindergarten at HWDSB.
Kindergarten is a two-year, full-day program that helps children begin their education with a strong foundation. Children are challenged and encouraged to do their very best by a caring team of educators, including a teacher and an early childhood educator.
You are able to register your child for the Kindergarten program in the calendar year that they turn four or five. Your child must attend school if they are age six by September 1. If your child did not register last year, but is still in this age group, they are welcome to enter year two of the Kindergarten program.
Families can register for Kindergarten online. Please see instructions below, or at www.hwdsb.on.ca/kindergarten.
How to Register:
Note, only parents or legal guardians can register their children for school.
- Find your neighbourhood school in our School Locator tool or call 905-527-5092.
- Register online to create an account, enter details, and add your child to our student information system. If you have questions, please contact your local HWDSB school.
- Paper Application: Complete and print the Registration Form, also available at your school. The 2023-24 registration form will be available February 6.
- Your elementary school will contact you to verify information submitted. Required documents include:
- Proof of age (child’s birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of address (identification that shows parent/guardian’s current home address);
- Proof of immunization;
- Verification of date of arrival/immigration documents (if the child was not born in Canada).
- If registered using our print method, bring a completed Child Information Form, also available at your school.