HWDSB and Apple Community Engagement Series – Managing Digital Workflows
Have an iPad? Wondering how to use it to support learning at home?
Join us for our Community Engagement Series: Getting Started With iPad. In this series we will:
- provide hands on experiences that show how to use the iPad for learning;
- play with different apps and tools that can be used to optimize the distance learning experience; and,
- share resources that families can use to support children at with learning at home.
Sessions are co-facilitated by HWDSB staff and Apple Education Learning Specialists to support families and provide an opportunity to explore ways that the iPad can be used to support learning at home.
NOTE: Although having an iPad is NOT required to join, participants are encouraged to have a device accessible to them for the session so they can get the most out of the hands on portion. Generally speaking it is advised that devices:
- be fully charged
- run iOS 14 or later (recommended)
- set up to allow access to the HWDSB or Apple App catalogue
Getting Started – Managing Digital Workflows
Our first session is on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. The topic for the session is: Getting Started – Managing Digital Workflows.
Wondering how to deal with all those digital documents? Join us for a hands on exploration of the ways in which iPad can be used to create, edit and organize digital documents and manage online communication.
- 6:00 – 7:20 PM – iPad for Remote Learning (elementary)
- 7:30 – 9:00 PM – iPad for 1:1 learning (secondary)
To register, click on the link and complete the online form: https://bit.ly/3DYIEvP
Registering in advance helps Apple send resources to families ahead of the session. Upon completing the form you will receive instructions for joining the session via email.
Families can also directly join the event through this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84820970039