#eatAbeet Campaign Returning for 2022 in Support of Food4Kids Hamilton
In February 2021, the Hamilton Professional Fire Fighters Association (HPFFA) – Local 288, launched the #eatAbeet social media challenge to help raise funds and awareness for Food4Kids Hamilton (and to “beet” childhood hunger in the city). As of March 12, 2021, the campaign came to a close having raised $32,610 and received incredible exposure throughout the city thanks to positive support from friends in the media and on many social media platforms.
For complete details about #eatAbeet, please visit the official Food4Kids Hamilton #eatAbeet web page to see some great photos and videos from 2021: food4kidshamilton.ca/eatabeet
If you are able to, we also encourage our HWDSB community to tune into CHCH Morning Live on January 28, 2022. Dawn Danko, Chair of the Board, will be appearing on the program to help preview the campaign, discuss what Food4Kids Hamilton means to HWDSB, and potentially even #eatAbeet on live television!
Watch the Morning Live segment below or click here to view on YouTube:
Food4Kids Hamilton – The reason for #eatAbeet
Food4Kids Hamilton provides packages of nutritious food for over 1,000 elementary and secondary school students with little or no access to food during the weekend/summer months. The Food4Kids Hamilton program operates within 54 HWDSB schools, and with the help of school staff, students are referred for enrolment in the program. Through a team of volunteers, Food4Kids Hamilton packs individual food bags every week and delivers directly to schools before each weekend. Visit food4kidshamilton.ca to learn more about all the good Food4Kids does for youth in Hamilton.
Special Hamilton School #eatAbeet Contest
The HPFFA will be awarding prizes to the top three #eatAbeet photo or video submissions from students and/or teachers/administrators from Hamilton schools. Click here for more information about the contest.
- $3,000 for 1st, $2,000 for 2nd and $1,000 for 3rd place.
- Prize money must be allocated by the winning submitter to a Hamilton school class, program, project, division, team, club, association, etc.
- Submissions must be posted to social media by Monday, February 14 and linked with Food4Kids Hamilton, HPFFA and use the #eatAbeet hashtag. Submissions must also be uploaded to the special Food4Kids Hamilton #eatAbeet portal, which will be posted on the Food4Kids website on January 28.
- Submissions will be judged based on:
- Positive messaging
- Safe and responsible posts as per COVID-19 rules
- Winners of the Hamilton School #eatAbeet Contest will be announced on February 22.