Breaking Ground for the new replacement elementary school at the Memorial Stoney Creek site
Staff and the community helped HWDSB Chair Alex Johnstone and Trustees Cam Galindo, Ray Mulholland and Carole Paikin Miller, to commemorate the ground breaking for the new replacement school on the Memorial Stoney Creek site.
The new $12 million, 495 pupil place elementary school will be built near the back of the current property at Royce & Kilbourn Avenues. Memorial SC students remain at the current Memorial School during construction of the new school and move when construction is complete. Following opening of the new school, the existing Memorial School will be closed and demolished. Some students will also move from Mountain View to the new school when construction is complete.
This new JK-8 school will have:
· Three-room Child Care Facility with secured play area
· Four Kindergarten rooms with secured play area
· Eighteen Classrooms (including science, art, music and special education)
· Community Gathering Spaces
· 5500 square foot double gym